MRMap 3.6a Release

MRMap 3.6a Release

Postby David_Binks » Fri May 03, 2013 12:03 pm

A new release of MRMap is due, version 3.6a - check the download pages for new exe's in the next few days.

This is what's new:
1) GPX import added. This is not complete yet, I am waiting for some changes to ViewRanger to get it to work slickly. If you want to use this in its current form, let me know and I will fill you in on how to use it.
2) ICOM radios now supported. Beaconing only at the moment, although group polling may happen.
3) SARLOC code now in MRMap so you can send one from with the program. Menu "Tools|Send SARLOC...". You will need to contact Russ Hore (See email address in new ini file) for a pin number (which is added to the ini file) to enable this to work.
4) Trails now auto remove points as they get older than a specific age - default 24 hours. This means base computers can be left running without getting clogged up with old trails. Note that once a file has been saved, this feature no longer operates for obvious reasons!
5) Fixed an issue where MRMap stays running in the background when it is closed preventing another instance from attaching to a radio. Please let me know if this issue still occurs.

There are some new ini file entries so it's worth copying over any of the new settings to your ini file.

Dave.
David_Binks

Re: MRMap 3.6a Release

Postby David_Binks » Tue May 07, 2013 4:06 pm

Sorry, but there is a minor bug with the GPX import in this version. It gets the imported times out by up to two hours. I suspect that no one is using this functionality yet as it's not well documented, but if you are, then let me know and I can send you a patch.

Otherwise, I'll wait a while before releasing the patch.

Dave.
David_Binks

Return to Davids Blog