Viewranger - Mobile Phone tracking replacement

Viewranger - Mobile Phone tracking replacement

Postby David_Binks » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:30 pm

All,

It's nearly there. You may have noticed me flying around the lakes at high speed - this is just me testing. I'm just about to release a beta version and send it to some testers. If any one is desperate to move off Instamapper or just wants to do some testing, then let me know and I will add you to the beta test list.

Thanks to Dave Healey, the documentation is also ready to go.

Dave.
David_Binks

Re: Viewranger - Mobile Phone tracking replacement

Postby David_Binks » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:39 pm

Beta testing currently under way. If all goes well then I will get a release out this weekend.
Dave.
David_Binks

Postby David_Binks » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:44 pm

All,

A new release, 3.5a will be on the server sometime this evening. This will support ViewRanger buddy beacons as the replacement for Instamapper.
Go to the download section to download. There is also some additional documentation explaining how to get it all to work.

Dave
David_Binks

Postby David_Binks » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:38 pm

All,

Slight hiccup getting this to work. Some of you may already have noticed that the Viewranger buddy beacon's will stop working about 3/4 of the way through a day. I misunderstood how ViewRanger saw the system working. The solution however is simple: don't register with Viewranger to get your own API key, but use this one:
APIKey=7cDsl2YMO0paRa8iChHISOlTPynaReFAg0XvZhn7Ex5pbzkKCDzcFCAl6GGqrLcs

This is a special key that as some limits removed. The documentation will be updated shortly to reflect this change.

Dave.
David_Binks

Return to Davids Blog