Generic Mic Update

Mark Lewis is the MR (E&W) Communications Chairman. The blog includes MRMap and Non-MRMap related info

Generic Mic Update

Postby Mark Lewis » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:51 pm

Just when we thought it was cracked :(

We've hit a few technical problems with the Infinity GPS Mic even though Dave's hard work has managed to decode and pole the product with MRMap. We are not currently happy with the mic's current performance or technical capability's we require, I'm not going into any more details at the moment as I'm in discussions to see if this can be resolved with the suppliers.

To keep our options open I've reopened talks with 3 other company's, 1 American & 1 German and 1 New Zealand.

I'll post an update towards the end of the week.
Mark Lewis

Re: Generic Mic Update

Postby Mark Lewis » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:35 pm

Infinity are now aware that we will not be taking their product any further, the equipment I purchased will be accepted back for a refund with no difficulty's, they were very reasonable and considerate when I requested the refund.

We are now in talks on having our own 'Generic Microphone' developed in the UK, Dave, Rob & myself have written the spec and next week I'll be talking to a company to see to what level they can take our spec too. The company we are talking to has carried out work for teams previously and I've had dealing with them through my day job, they come highly recommended..........Answers on a post card please

Mark
Mark Lewis

Postby Rob_Brookes » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:03 pm

Because Mark will never say it, I will. A vote of thanks is due from all of us to him for the serious amount of work, often under quite difficult circumstances, that he's put in and continues to put in on this side of the project. I've every confidence that he'll come up with a suitable generic GPS microphone in the very near future. Having worked on a number of occasions, with the company now being approached to carry out the development work needed, I too can vouch for the fact that they are quite capable of producing a successful product.
Rob_Brookes

Postby Mark Lewis » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:46 pm

Good news, at last we have a Generic GPS Microphone that should work with most radios. This microphone works with Sarman but not currently with MRMap, Dave will investigate adding the code into MRMap.

Details of the mic can be found on a American web site http://www.pryme.com/products/gpsproduct , I will soon produce a spec sheet detailing radios it’s been tested with and a list of the available radio connectors, if we don’t have the correct plug for your radio usually it can be manufactured within 1 month. Don’t be put off by the web site price; it can be supplied cheaper to you (including the import tax, shipping etc)

Anyone interested in knowing more or trialling them please email me direct mlewis@ntlworld.com

Regards

Mark
Mark Lewis

Return to Marks Blog